Saturday 25 February 2012

Nearside filler panel

The sun came out today and the garage was warm, so I headed in there for a spot of TR7 therapy.

The last few weeks appear to have shown little progress, as I have been fettling the whole front end of the car prior to welding up the new front panel and outer wings. However, common sense got the better of me today and I decided to fix a few things which would be easy to do prior to the "big weld-up".

One area which had completely rotted out was a small closing panel, on the side of the chassis at the front. It is hard to describe where it is, other than sort of below the headlamp void and behind the inner wheel arch. Anyway, I cut out the grot and made a very respectable repair panel which I welded in.

The result pleased me.

I have used Photoshop to lighten the repair area.

It was a sod to get to, but I am pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment