Sunday 14 April 2013

Rear Lamp Panel - Part 4

Most of Saturday saw me at work (the day job) so Sunday was the only day I could get in the garage. I didn't have a great deal of time with the TR7 this weekend, but I was pleased with what I did. Readers of my previous couple of posts will remember that the rear end was proving troublesome in reassembly, due to the very odd joint with the boot floor. In essence I concluded that someone before me had also fitted a rear lamp panel and just hacked the boot floor around to fit.

So today I thought "to hell with it" and cut off the entire lip of the boot floor, leaving it flat to meet the correct lower edge of the rear lamp panel. The intention is to then extend the rear floors to meet the rear lamp panel, by adding some sheet steel. I found some very nice galvanised steel knocking around my garage. The job didn't get finished today, in fact it didn't really get started, but the steel is cut and ready to be fettled for next weekend.

Oh, and I also tacked the rear lamp panel in place.

Some tack welds to hold the panel in place.

The boot floor lip has been cut away, so now I have to extend the boot floor to meet the lower edge of the lamp panel.
Here's a nice bit of steel I will use. It is not cut or shaped yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment