Sunday 6 November 2016

Wheels Part 1

Well, here we are back in the garage again. Actually I have been in there quite a lot of late, having temporarily diverted from TR7 restoration to bike building. I had always hankered after a trail bike and saw one for sale outside a house. I bought it, then spent the next three months fixing it - head, carbs, piston, cylinder, you name it. Sorry to bring bikes into the story but I mention it because doing that engine work was a sort of rehearsal for fixing the TR7's. I enjoyed all the stripping down, removing and refitting parts, timing it up and so on. I hope I enjoy the 7's as much when the time comes.
Anyway, on to Bessy the TR7. Well, since my last post the rear suspension has been refitted and now she sits ready to come down to earth for the first time in years. However, before I can do that the wheels need sorting so that I can pop on new tyres and have a rolling shell ready for paint. So, here's a picture of the sub frame:
Look beyond it and you will see a stack of four very scruffy wheels and tyres, which have now been sandblasted (the wheels, not the tyres, obviously) and given two coats of Kurust which makes everything go black.
Once dry, they are given a coat of etch primer, and finished in Halfords steel wheel paint. I haven't quite finished this job yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment