Monday 2 January 2017

Ladies and gentlemen...The Doors!

Gosh, two posts from me in as many days. Spring must be in the air! Actually, it is freezing in the garage but I had to get out of the house, having been couped up for days during Giant Sunday, a.k.a. Christmas and New Year. 
Staring to look like a car again.
This will be a quick post, just to say that I put the doors on today for a trial fit. I had forgotten how fiddly they are and how they need shims, but it came together pretty well. I ran out of lower hinge shims, so will have to get some more from somewhere. The damaged boot lid got shoved on, too.

Obviously this was purely in aid of aesthetics because they will have to come off again to be painted, but I can see now where more profiling will be needed to make them fit nice and snug.

Exciting, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment