Thursday 11 April 2019

Catch-up

Hi people

I appear to have reached that stage where the restoration jumps about all over the place, and the blog can't keep up. So, this time, I thought I would put together a photo montage of some of the items worked on over the last few weeks. Enjoy.

New carbs from Robsport fitted to a lovingly restored manifold.

Don't you just love building things back up with shiny new bolts etc?

Rear bulkhead panel added, together with B-post trims and original fitment (but new) map reading lamp.

New door trims pulled out of hibernation and fitted. 

Underfelt kind of chucked in, ready for proper fitting. You'll also notice new lower A-post trims in the same state.

Boot mat "fitted" - it doesn't really fit very well but I'll have a play with it another day. Inner wing side panels also in place. Now I need to get hold of a new bulkhead mat.

Again, door card fitted although I am missing the door handle eustachians (ZKC926 and 927). They break and are unobtainable. Anyone got a pair they'd like to sell? 

Another look at the interior.
Heater unit fitted with new control knobs.

Side light blanks and drip channel trims ready for attention. While I'm at it, may I say thank you to my local District Council for providing this excellent work bench.

Bumper and grille finally fitted.

Erm, as above.

Glass!

Refurbished heater duct/plenum thing installed and with new seals. The car didn't have one of these before, so it is a mystery as to why Neil and I didn't get asphyxiated on our European adventure in 1994. Perhaps it was because we never had the heater on. 

Looking good? Judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment