Sunday 18 November 2012

Rear Wing - Nearside - Part 3

Well dear readers, I went out for a curry last night with some friends and consequently this morning had me waking up feeling more Chenai that Speke. It took me a while to get going and to be honest I felt a bit lethargic. Plus, of course, it was cold in the garage.

A big box of goodies arrived on Saturday, containing new inner and outer rear lower sill panels. Although I had some already, I was intrigued by Robsport's claims that theirs are better. So, I ordered a set to try. They didn't have an inner arch repair panel available, but were kind enough to send the entire outer (inner) arch for the same price, on the understanding that I use it to make my own repair panel for the arch.

Don't you love it when you get new things through the post?

I didn't pay much attention to the lower sill panels, as to be honest if I look at all of the panels which connect up to the rear wing repair, I get a bit depressed. So I will leave these for the time being and work on making the rear wing fit properly, along with the inner.

First job was to cut out the rear inner wheel arch, where it was rotten. I used the nibbler to good effect.

The rotten inner wheel arch nibbled out...
...leaving good metal.
Having made the cut, I used the old section as a remplate on the full arch panel, in order to cut out a repair section. The new panel was then cut.

The old panel section cut out and used as a template to make a new repair panel from a full new panel.
 
I then offered this up to the car, aligning it with the rear wing. It all looked ok, but by this time I decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment