Sunday 2 December 2012

Rear Wing - Nearside - Part 4

It must be nearly a year ago since I started this blog, as it is cold in the garage today. I remember saying that a year ago.

Today was one of those TR7 restoration days when I just wanted to back inside the house and forget all about it. It was cold, and try as I might, I just could not get my panels to fit. The problem is that, once again, everything relates to everything else, i.e. the inner wheel arch lip has to align with the outer wing; the outer wing must fit the whole car including the rear lamp panel. Yet there must also be a fit with the boot floor, and of course the outer and inner lower sill panels. Nothing appears to line up and I am feeling fed up. Weirdly, the only thing that fits perfectly is the entire rear wing.

The areas in red, below, show what I have to make fit.


I just cannot seem to get any of it right, as none of it lines up. The biggest problems are the lower inner and outer sill panels which just don't sit right. In fact they don't even appear to interact with each other at all, even though they are well made. Today I honestly wondered if I had bought panels for the wrong side, but that is not a slight on the supplier- I am sure they will fit eventually. Just not today.

Days like today are the worst, as I can't see when it will get better. Nothing fits, but I know that eventually it will all come together. However this section is REALLY testing me and I am not afraid to ask for help.

If anyone has carried out this repair before and is willing to help, do let me know!







No comments:

Post a Comment