Sunday 16 March 2014

Steering

Watching the first grand prix of the season today got me thinking. Whilst we all waited to see what the new cars would look like, I have a very clear vision of my TR7. That is - original. Ok, that is a contradiction in terms where restorations are concerned but my car is going to be as near to factory fresh as I can get it.

So, this morning was all about making nice things to go back on the car and I started with the steering column and brackets. These have had never been taken out of the car and were the only fittings left inside the shell, and gosh were they a mess. Oil, paint, dust and rust had all made their mark so it was time to clean up.


The steering column was split at the various universal joints and disassembled, wire brushed and given a coat of etch primer. Once this was dry, good old Halford's satin black paint was sprayed on.

The garage's wooden beams are ideal for hanging things off.



No comments:

Post a Comment