Wednesday 26 December 2012

Me + Followers + Happy New Year

Dear Readers (if there are any!!)

So, it has been nearly a year since I started this little blog about my beloved Triumph TR7, RJW 307R. Originally I started it to give myself a way of looking at my restoration chronologically, so that I could put it all together in one place with photos etc. But to be honest it has turned into a sort of motivator for me in getting the car done, because anyone might be viewing it and therefore I have to get on with it!

That's not to say that I don't care what people think. In fact, I would love to hear what you think of my blog. I am not very techno-savvy but I do understand that it is possible to become a follower of the site, in order get the latest updates etc. So, if you know how to do it, please do become a follower as that will motiovate me no end to get this age-old restoration finished.

By the way, I just realised that there are few photos of me on here, so I thought I should "reveal all". Ok, not all, just me so that there is a person behind the blog.

Me on the left, twirling myhair and enjoying a belly full of Amstel. (Paxos, 1994).
...and me looking rather older. I wish I could twirl my hair now!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all.

John

3 comments:

  1. Hi John, I follow and read so keep it up!

    I have my own TR7 project too – but with very little rust due to it been parked in my garage for 25 years, check out my blog: http://irestorationtr7.blogspot.co.uk which I'm keeping so I can remember how to put it back together!!

    Have a great New Years Eve and I look forward more updates.

    Regards

    Kent Sandiford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I'm also involved in a TR7 restoration (DHC)... and you've just helped me out enormously!! I'm replacing the carpets at the moment and, for days, I've been deliberating whether or not to undo the seat belt tensioners. I had no idea what the retaining bolts were bolted too! With no obvious access from the boot or wheel arch, I kept imagining a thud as the bolt underneath the parcel shelf dropped into an inaccessible void! Been there before!

    So thanks for the blog... one slightly less stressful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous

    I am glad to be of assistance! Yes, I know exactly what you mean...those moments when a nut drops into a cavity are of the "I'll throw the car away" variety.

    Good luck with the restoration.

    John

    ReplyDelete