Wednesday 18 January 2012

Off-side inner wheel arch

I am quite pleased with this. A new inner arch came from Robsport, which I trial fitted with the door in place and new outer wing on top.

Lots of weld-through primer...

...and more Hammerite. The bubbly bits you can see are not poor welds, just where I have painted over the top of seam-sealer.

As has been documented elsewhere on the web, these panels do not fit very well - especially where the arch meets the inner sill - and this one took a lot of bashing to get right. The silver band around the arch lip is where I was sensible enough not to paint with Hammerite, instead taking it to bare metal and priming in weld-through paint ready for welding to the outer wing. I aso seam-sealed everything and painted over it with, err, Hammerite.

No comments:

Post a Comment