Saturday 21 January 2012

TR7 Design Proposal

This is one of those stories which we all dream of...the unseen TR7 blueprints kept in the loft by a an ex-BL employee.

I have read all of the TR7 books, everything by Graham Robson and the book by David Knowles. The Lynx and Bullet prototypes are all familiar to me. But I did not expect to see this.

A colleague at work said he worked on the TR7 during his apprentiship and that he had a drawing in his loft which I could have. it was just a sketch, he said, but my heart was racing. A few months passed and nothing came of it. However, he came through and sent me a rolled up drawing in a cardboard tube.

The drawing is dated 1979 and shows a TR7 design which I have never seen before. To me it looks like a concept for a TR7 update, with bigger arches and a chunkier front bumper. I keep this item framed in my office and I have never seen anything like it before.

Maybe it is nothing, just a scribbler's sketch. But perhaps it was the shape of things to come? I would love to hear from anyone who has an interest in this.





No comments:

Post a Comment