Wednesday 18 January 2012

Windscreen pillar and scuttle

Ok, so here is the start of my restoration (although these pics were taken around ten years ago. I told you it has been a long haul.

My very first repair to the TR7 was to fix a hole in the n/s windscreen panel and repair a knackered scuttle. I don't appear to have any close-ups of the pillar repair, but here is the new section of scuttle going in.
Scuttle panel repair
I got a complete new (used) windscreen panel, cut out the biys I needed and welded them in. At this stage I have a Sealey Mightymig 130XP running on pub gas, so I guess I learned the hard way. Actually, to this day this repair is sound, which amazes me, as I had never welded anything before and frankly my welding got worse during this stage of the restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment